Nicholas, St. with scenes from his life
Date: XVIII century.
Iconographic school/art center: North of Russia (Segozerye).
Origin: From the Church of the Nativity of the Mother of god in the village of Padansky Pogost, Medvezhyegorsky district, the Republic of Karelia.
Material: Wood, tempera
Dimensions: height 113 cm, width 72,2 cm
In the center is the half-length figure of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker blessing with his right hand and holding a gospel in his left. The centerpiece is surrounded by nine border scenes.
1. The nativity of Nicholas the Wonderworker
2. St. Nicholas in a monastic school
3. St. Nicholas saves a drowning youth Dimitry
4. A prayer to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
5. St. Nicholas drives a demon out of the well
6. St. Nicholas saves a priest
7. The miracle of the three friends
8. The Miracle of the sailors
Inv. № И-83. © Republic of Karelia Museum of Fine Arts
The nativity of Nicholas the Wonderworker
St. Nicholas in a monastic school
14. St. Nicholas saves a drowning youth Dimitry
A prayer to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
St. Nicholas drives a demon out of the well
St. Nicholas saves a priest from the sea flood
The miracle of the three friends
The Miracle of the sailors