Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, with scenes from his life
Date: XVI century. Second half of the 16th century
Iconographic school/art center: Kargopolye
Origin: was removed from the church of Florus and Laurus in the village of Astaphyevo, Kargopolsky district, Archangelskaya region (first third of the 17th century)
Dimensions: height 114 cm, width 85 cm
In the centerpiece is the waist-length depiction of blessing saint Nicholas with the closed Gospel book in his left hand; at his sides in the round aureoles are Christ with the Gospel book and the Mother of God with the omophorion in Her hands.
1. Nativity of saint Nicholas;
3. Healing the crippled woan;
4. St. Nicholas brought to school;
5. Being consecrated deacon;
6. Being consecrated priest;
7. Being consecrated bishop;
8. Miracle of the three icons. Patriarch refuses to bow before the image of saint Nicholas;
9. Miracle of the three icons. Saving patriarch Athanasius from deluge;
10. Miracle of the three girls;
11. Appearance before the three generals in the dungeon;
12. Appearance before Tsar Constantine.
Registration number ДРЖ-1617. © State Museum Association «Art Culture of the Russian North»
Иконы Русского Севера. Шедевры древнерусской живописи Архангельского музея изобразительных искусств. М., 2007. Т. 1. № 33-34. С. 162-168.